Welcome to The World is Quiet Here,
I’m Hannah Zaki, I am a home-educated 16-year-old girl with a passion for writing. Of course, reading is a necessity but writing comes more naturally and I find myself constantly with a notebook and pen in hand.
Art flows through my blood, it is a part of me and I wouldn’t be able to live without it. Everything I look at is constructed of lines that have to be drawn and colours that need to be painted.
I love capturing anything and everything on my camera. Taking atmospheric photographs are my favourite. Photo’s that speak a thousand words or have a hidden meaning in their abstract beauty.
I hope to create a collection of memories on this blog, of my artwork and writing, to nurture and showcase them to friends and family…
Here are some things you should know about me:
- I love nature and being surrounded by it, it’s one of my favourite inspirations,
- Rainy days are my aesthetic,
- I love herbal tea,
- My favourite colour is Yellow,
- Pandas are my favourite animal,
- I love photography,
- Music is healing – I love listening to soulful Japanese and Korean music,
- Studio Ghibli is my favourite animation studio,
- My favourite book is ‘The Night Circus‘ by Erin Morgenstern,
- My favourite film is ‘Kimi no Na wa‘ (Your Name) directed by Makoto Shinkai,
- I have a deep interest in the Japanese culture and language,
- My blog is named after my favourite quote from Lemony Snicket’s ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events’.
Inspiration lingers everywhere. You have to think outside the box, seek out every adventure, take every risk.
The World is Quiet Here, on my blog. I hope you find inspiration.