Photography/Award Logo by Me
Hi, Guys! I know I’ve been away for so long but I’m finally back. I’ve been loaded down with homework and daily routines and the computer has been so out of reach…Thank you, Beth, for nominating me, it finally brought me back!
Check out her wonderful blog here!
Now onto the Award!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community! \(^ o ^)/
How does is it work?
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 question sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award (I created my own icon – feel free to use it as well!) on your post and/or on your blog
- Show us a book cover that you love!
Well, I finished reading ‘Crooked Kingdom‘ by Leigh Bardugo recently and I am absolutely in love with the cover…I haven’t stopped taking pictures of it!
- Which song do you relate to your favourite book?
‘The Night Circus‘ by Erin Morgenstern is my all time favourite book and I really think that ‘Merry Go Round Of Life‘ from Studio Ghibli’s ‘Howl’s Moving Castle’ has this circusy vibe about it.
I certainly associate this with the ballroom scene in ‘The Night Circus‘ and the dancing and oh, I’m getting all tingly just thinking about it!
- What do you do when you’re in a reading slump?
I tend to reach out to a favourite book to remind myself how great reading is and not to get so grumpy about it! If that doesn’t work, which is very rare, then I have to browse my Goodreads and find something amazing or stalk my friends and see what they’re reading!
- What’s the longest book you’ve read so far this year?
I think that’s got to have been Jane Eyre actually! It might be the longest book I’ve read…ever!
- Which popular book do you dislike?
I can’t think of any one book in particular but I tend to stay away from the popular YA Contemporary Romances – because I find that I’m quite often hit in the face by Cliche.
But sometimes you find that one that isn’t like others and therefore really enjoy, like I did with ‘Everything, Everything‘ by Nicola Yoon.
- What do like to do other than reading?
I love looking at the aesthetics of life and being a unicorn!
I also love photography – I’m constantly with camera in hand.
- What’s your favourite season and why?
Oooh! Favourite season, favourite season…? It’s got to be Spring, I love Spring so much. I love all the Blossoms that bloom and the ‘not yet Summer’ temperature that we get – it’s not too hot but it’s not really cold either! Also, I was born in Spring so, you know, I’m at one with this beautiful season!
- Name your perfect snack/drink for while reading?
I like small finger foods (chocolate, marshmallows, crisps etc), preferably in a big jumbo size bag so that it feels like it’s a never ending supply! And what better than a cup of my favourite Supreme Macha Green Tea! I’m in heaven…
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me”
– CS Lewis
You speak wise words, Mr Lewis.
- You have a plane to catch – which book do you read in one sitting?
I have to say ‘Caraval‘ by Stephanie Garber! It’s such a flowing book that I always get lost in and when you read it time flies so fast! I wouldn’t be surprised at all if I read it in one sitting!
- Name a book you want to read by the end of the year?
This is actually a trilogy that I’ve been wanting to get since forever! (I honestly can’t remember) And it is the ‘Shades of Magic’ by V.E Schwab.
These books are so hyped at the moment and I’m not surprised – they look amazing and sound amazing, I honestly can’t wait to get my hands on them! My original plan was to read them before the end of the Summer Hols but I still haven’t bought them so by the end of the year seems good enough!
- Autumn is approaching – what’s your favourite Fall read?
I really like the thought of reading Classics in the Autumn – the unique descriptions and atmospheres captured are perfect, I think, for a cold Autumn afternoon beside the fire – which is what I plan to do this year! My favourite Classic at the moment is ‘Jane Eyre‘ but I’ll be reading ‘Pride and Prejudice’ soon and it might change my mind!
Who I’m tagging!
- Amelie @ SmudgedInk
- Kathy @ Books&Munches
- Amna @ BookishEndeavors
- Bently @ BookBastion
- Tiana @ TheBookRaven
- Charis @ CharisRae
My Questions For You!
- An inspirational book character and why?
- Do you have any quirky reading habits?
- A favourite book quote?
- Recommend an underrated book!
- Summarise a book you love in one sentence.
- If you could have a super power, what would it be?
- What’s your favourite genre, why?
- Last book you put on your TBR
- If you could be best friends or hang out with 5 authors – who would they be?
- If you could travel to any fictional world, where would you go and why?
- Which book made you fall in love with reading?
As always feel free to “Be Tagged” if you found this interesting!
~ The World is Quiet Here ~